Students and Families
How To Apply
Step 1: Complete online Registration Please upload following documents:
- Driver's License or Government Issued ID
- Proof of Residency
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Student's Social Security Card
- Current Immunization Record (Required)
- Proof of Income after April 1st
Questions? Contact Effie Morris Early Learning Academy Registrar at 817.306.4260 ext 1205.
In addition to the information on this page, please review our FAQs.
PreKindergarten Opportunities at Lake Worth ISD
Children attend school each day in classrooms that are nurturing, safe spaces that inspire discovery and learning. Our Pre-Kindergarten students develop much needed emotional, academic and social skills they may otherwise lack when entering kindergarten. This additional training equips teachers with the latest tools to give young students the right balance of structure and play in their education. Lake Worth ISD teachers focus on literacy, math, and other skills to help children successfully navigate their academic path that lies ahead.
Full-Day Pre-K and Kinder for qualifying 4 and 5 year olds at Effie Morris Early Learning Academy.
Note: Grade level is determined by the student’s age on September 1st of the current school year. Acceptance into Lake Worth ISD PreKindergarten programs is based on a child meeting eligibility requirements required by Texas law.
For additional information about Prekindergarten, please visit Early Childhood Education in Texas on the Texas Education Agency website.
What are the eligibility requirements for PK4?
Your child must be 4 years old by September 1 of the current school year and meet one or more of the following requirements to be eligible to attend Prekindergarten in Lake Worth ISD:
- Child is unable to speak and comprehend the English language. A language test will be given at registration.
- Child is educationally disadvantaged. Family income must fall within federal guidelines for the free and reduced lunch program. Verification of income is required.
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces, mobilized Reservist or member of the Texas National Guard, including the child of a member who was hurt or killed on active duty. Military ID or statement of service is required for verification.
- Child is homeless. A McKinney-Vento form will be provided at registration.
- Child who is in or ever has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (CPS). Documentation from CPS is required.
Child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
a. a peace officer
b. a firefighter
c. an emergency medical first responder Resolution certificate or letter from a local representative is required for documentation.