Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a list of our most frequently asked attendance questions. If you do not find a question you have answered below, please reach out to your campus Attendance Clerk and they will be happy to assist you.
- How do I report my student’s absence?
- Why is my child receiving an attendance letter?
- I sent in a hand-written note for my student, why is his/her absence still unexcused?
- What classifies as an excused absence?
- Why is my student counted absent when I brought them to school after the official attendance time?
- Why is a death in the immediate family considered an unexcused absence?
- If my student attends every Saturday for recovery attendance, why am I still receiving a truancy letter?
- If my child misses the bus will their absence be excused?
- What happens after I have called in my student’s absence? Is that sufficient enough?
- What happens if I forget to call my student’s absence in on the day of their absence?
- How many Excused absences can my student have in one school year?
- What if my student is absent, can I request for homework to be sent home for them to make up?
- Will Tardies and Early dismissals count against my student?