Parent Resources for STAAR
Teaching and Learning
Assessment and Accountability
tate Assessment Resources Federal and state laws require annual testing of all students in grades 3-8 and in specific high school level courses. In Texas, this system of assessments to measure student learning is currently known as STAAR (State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness). Additionally, school districts are required to assess students who have limited English proficiency. The purpose of this assessment, known as TELPAS (Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System) is to measure the progress these students are making toward becoming fluent in English.
The Texas student assessment program has undergone several revisions in recent years. Most of these revisions are results in changes to federal and state education laws. The Texas Education Agency provides information and resources to keep interested parties, including parents, up to date on the latest changes in student assessment policies and practices. Below are links to several resources specifically designed for parents.
- The New STAAR Report Card
- Texas Assssment Data Portal
- Student Assessment Calendar: TBA
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): STAAR
- TEA STAAR Redesign Information
- Texas Assessment Log In & Learn Resources
LWISD Assessment Contacts Parents who have questions or who want additional information regarding the implementation of the State Assessment Program in Lake Worth ISD are encouraged to contact the assessment coordinator at their child's school.
- Lake Worth High School: Dr. Sandy Larson, email@example.com, 817.306.4200 ext. 3018
- Lucyle Collins Middle School: Cedrick Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 817.306.4200 ext. 2417
- Howry STEAM Academy: Mark McAlister, email@example.com, 817.306.4200 ext. 2717
- Effie Morris Early Learning Academy: Robbin Church, firstname.lastname@example.org, 817.306.4200 ext. 1217
- Marine Creek Leadership Academy: Jessica Jager, email@example.com, 817.306.4200 ext. 1517
- Miller Language Academy: Lucy Vasquez, firstname.lastname@example.org, 817.306.4200 ext. 1817
- District Assessment Coordinator: Mary Diaz, email@example.com, 817.306.4200 ext. 1083
For information regarding district and campus performance or other accountability measures visit our Disclosures: Accountability page.