EMERALD JAZZ ENSEMBLE
EMERALD JAZZ LAB BAND
Jazz education is a crucial component to music education as it exposes students to much broader and international genres of music and musicians. The jazz ensemble will be a performance and competitive ensemble with the understanding that music education will be the priority and main focus. Jazz ensemble will be offered at Lake Worth High School as well as at Lucyle Collins Middle School and is a music program that is curriculum based.
LAKE WORTH HIGH SCHOOL EMERALD JAZZ LAB BAND
We are happy to announce that we will be starting up the Lake Worth High School Jazz Lab Band. Emerald Jazz is open to all students that are currently members of the Lake Worth High School Band program.
This will be an after-school program that will meet on Mondays from 5:00PM - 6:30PM beginning on November 6, 2023. Things to be aware of:
- We only meet once a week. Attendance is of the utmost importance.
- There will be some fees for t-shirts, performance shirts and travel. (There is not a district budget allotted for this program.)
- The instrumentation is 2 alto saxes, 2 tenor saxes, 1 bari sax, 4 trumpets, 4 trombones (bass trombone), piano, bass guitar, jazz guitar, drums and auxillary percussion.
- There is no audition this year. Anyone who joins is automatically a member of the jazz band.
- Students who play flute or clarinet will need to learn to play saxophone. Students may need to furnish their own instrument.
- Students who play euphonium (baritone) will need to learn how to play trombone. Students may need to furnish their own instrument.
- Students who would like to play guitar or bass guitar will need to furnish their own instrument.
- Percussionists will learn drum set and auxiliary percussion.
- We do plan to perform at least one jazz festival.
- Our spring concert is potentially going to be a fundraiser to raise funds for the jazz ensemble.
- Additional rehearsals may be added as needed in order to prepare for concerts and performances.
- This will be a competitive ensemble that will attend festivals and contests with awards.
- Even though we will be a competitive ensemble the main focus and priority will be JAZZ EDUCATION.
- This google form is your agreement and commitment contract.
If you would like to join and be member please fill our the following Google form: EMERALD JAZZ LAB BAND SIGN UP