Employment & Compensation
Pursuant to Senate Bill 9, ALL employees MUST be fingerprinted prior to the start of employment. Fingerprinting fees will be paid for by the employee and not by the District.
Applicants hired for paraprofessional "Aide" positions will be required to meet all the requirements of the "No Child Left Behind Act" (NCLB) and will be asked to obtain an Educational Aide certificate through the Texas Education Agency. The fees for the Educational Aide certificate are paid for by the employee and not by the district.
Please read below carefully regarding the application process:
- Job descriptions can be found on all job postings. Please review the job posting carefully.
- Custodial positions are posted all year long. Applications will be accepted and reviewed as needed.
- If an applicant is interested in more than one position the applicant must “apply" to each individual posting.
- Hiring managers/principals will screen for qualifications and job description requirements prior to the interview process.
Note: Lake Worth ISD will hire applicants who are in Teacher Alternative Certification Programs; however, the candidate may only be hired upon receiving the statement of eligibility for the specific content/job requirement from their sponsored program.
- Campus/Department Administrators establish applicants to interview and set up interviews accordingly.
- All supporting documents, i.e., resume, letter of interest and references MUST be attached to the online application.
The Lake Worth Independent School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, military status, genetic information or on any other basis prohibited by law. Lake Worth Independent School District prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with disabilities.